The Holy Rosary Convent

Killeshandra

Drummully House

Drummully Hse

Drummully House, the home of the Lough family.
Established as a convent in 1925 when Bishop Shanahan founded the Holy Rosary Sisters.
This photo shows the house and grounds before the major construction work of the 1930's



Processions

Procession


Processions were a regular part of convent life.
In the late 1950's and early 1960's huge crowds from the neighbouring parishes would attend the Corpus Christi processions.



The Convent Chapel

The Chapel

Here we see the Convent Chapel at a time when the congregation was at its peak.
To the left of the altar we can see the front of the Lady Chapel, the section reserved for visitors.


Return to PHOTO ARCHIVE Menu