Bottom left we see the old Methodist Manse and the Church of Ireland Parish Church. At top right we see the Town Lake, and at middle right we see the Belturbet road and the Castle Avenue.
At bottom right we see the Protestant Church, with Main Street going off into the distance.
The street going left is Railway Road. At centre of photo we see the old CIYMS hall, now the site of the Community Centre. Towards bottom left we see the buildings of the old railway station, closed in 1963.
Most of the foreground is taken up by Fletcher's Saw-mills, then at its peak.
The sheds along the shore of the lake were used for storing and seasoning timber.
All of these buildings have now been demolished and the site is now owned by Lakelands.
At bottom right we see, hidden among the trees, the ruins of the old 1688 church and the graveyard. At bottom left we have the saw-mills. At top right we see MacCormac Products Factory and, to its left, the Creamery.