Killeshandra in the 1890's




Killeshandra at the end of the 19th Century

Oldest Photo

This, the oldest known photograph of the town, was taken from Drummully House at the end of the 19th century.

At centre of picture, the building with the arched windows is the Market House.
Below that, we can see the rear of the Bank.
Below that again are the buildings that were used by the new Co-op as its first creamery.
The mill chimney, very much a landmark of the town, can also be clearly see.
In the foreground is the Town Lake.

Compare with a modern photogrpah

(This photograph is reproduced here by kind permission of Cavan County Library)



Return to PHOTO ARCHIVE Menu