The Brady and Reynolds Postcards (1950's)




Main Street 1

Postcard
To the left, the large building protruding onto the street is the Market House..
Near the car on the left we see a thatched cottage. Belonging to the Sweeney family, this was the last thatched cottage in the town.



Main Street 2

Postcard
Looking back towards the then Railway Hotel and the junction with Railway Road.



Main Street 3

Postcard
Looking down Main Street towards the Bank.



Main Street 4

Postcard
Another view of Main St with the Market House on the left.



St Brigid's Church

Postcard
This photo shows St Brigid's Church before the dome was added to the spire.
In the early 1970's the road in front of the church was widened for car parking.
Compare with a modern photograph

Return to PHOTO ARCHIVE Menu