Ballynarry National Schools
Ballynarry National School (in the parish of Ballymachugh) built in 1826. It was originally a single story, single roomed, thatched building. The second story, slate roof and second room were added in 1831. This is not typical of Cavan NS of the period, which were a lot worse than this.
Built in 1940, this two-roomed school replaced the 1826 school. It was a huge improvement in conditions and many schools of this style were built in the 1930s, 40s and 50s to replace earlier buildings. They did not have inside toilets or running water.
Built in 1976, this is the modern 5 roomed school.