The Casino at Marino



 

 

The Casino at Marino is a magnificent building situated on a hill just off the Malahide Road, north of Fairview a suburb in the north side of Dublin. It was built for James Caulfield the Earl of Charlemont. The building commenced around 1759 and was not finished until 1771

As a building it is one of the finest in Europe. Architectural experts rank it with Andrea Pallido’s "Villa Rotunda" at Vicenza in Italy built around 1567 and Inigo Jones’ "Queens House" at Greenwich in London built from 1619-1622. It is the only Irish building which has a high international reputation.

 

Marino Casino Contents