|"To understand the whole it is necessary to
understand the parts. To understand the parts, it is necessary to understand
the whole. Such is the circle of understanding. " (Ken
Wilber in 'Eye of Spirit')
- The motivation
for creating those sites met the deep wish of Hans Taeger to find out where
he stands, enabling him to filter and to set new priorities concerning
his, Thomas' and eventually some other friends future path. Many know us
just as astrologers and data collectors, but that's just a part (-even
though an important one) of what we are involved in. The decision to dedicate
so much time and energy into astrological data research, sprang from the
insight, that in order to help Astrology there is one prerequisite: -accurate
data research, to give Astrology a future. Now, that we see that others
continue this important work and that the astrological community has an
awareness of the importance of exact and trusty data, we feel happy, relieved
and free to focus our energies on additional facettes of our spiritual
(*) - Basically the generation with Pluto in leo and Neptune in libra.
Esoterics(- finding a more open, human, positive and tolerant attitude towards Western and Eastern esoteric traditions, re-discovering the magical and mystical realities and looking into the world with the uninfluenced and innocent eyes of a child),
Eastern Religions (- discovery, fresh understanding and integration of Hinduist, Buddhist, Taoist, Shamanist, Tantric and other wisdom insights and traditions/...practicing meditation, yoga, martial arts ... as part of normal life),
Astrology (- freeing astrology from it's restricting, occult, determining and inhuman attitudes of the past/- making her socially acceptable and re-discovering her high rank or even her *potential* to become again ... Babylonia,Egypt,Greek,Roman,Celtic,India ... a future world religion and leading science...),
Depth Psychology (- discovering the collective unconsciouness, the archetypal levels of our hidden nature with the initial help of psychedelics (- C.G. Jung renaissance), as well as our psyche and sexuality in general/- overcoming male and female fixations/- inventing new and open forms of group- and self experiences...),
Spirituality (- overcoming a mere materialistic worldview, refining the senses, following various spiritual ideals to reach perfection and to help others on their similar ways...) ... and ...
... which created completly new forms in the fields of:
Arts (- pop art, op-art, psychedelic art, fractal art, esoteric art/- new impulses on theatre and cinema/- rediscovery of ethnic art/- a new affinity to color, beauty and originality and an understanding that heart and art belong together ...),
Design (- surfing through the net one can feel the sympathy and love for the magic of all kinds of psychedelic effects, dto. fashion, disco, interior design...),
Music (- from Pop to Rock to Psychedelic to Trance, Ambiant and Experimental - for many their main daily food - ),
Literature (from J. Kerouac to A. Watts to A. Ginsberg to M. Ende.../- from science fiction to phantasy to esoteric poetry/- from comics to graffito...),
Life Style (individuality, higher awareness of set and setting, outing oneself, developing openess and flexibility, overcoming tabus, living in open relationships, behaving and feeling cosmopolitan ...),
Philosophy (- e.g. Buddhism meets science and the West/- thinking in global, cosmic, holistic and esoteric dimensions becomes accepted...),
New Age (- interrelations between religions, esoteric sciences, body awareness, astrology, psychedelic experiences, academic sciences, cultures, countries, continents .../ - common search for light and enlightenment...),
Environmental Sensibility (- green movement, planet-consciousness, collective responsibility, getting in friendship with nature...) etc.
- Many simply don't know the fact that all this mind expanding processes started due to the sensitization and sensory refinements by using the initial help of psychedelics (- Lama Yeshe called them once 'the Wisdom of the West') and later replaced or supplemented by various meditation practices. This silent, colorful, exciting, mind-active and flowering revolution had the same short lifespan and intensity as the blossom and fading of a wonderful flower, spreading from San Francisco all over the world. We Ex-Hippies are still very thankful for that karmic bonus which allowed us to be part of this important time sequence, missed by many and unknown by the younger generation (- even though very interested).
- Unfortunately some of these findings and impulses are commercialized to death by now, in wrong hands, fossilized by over-organisation, split up by sectarianism or spiritual jealousy. What the Sixties have started is highly in danger of losing it's original spirit of freedom, tolerance, love and wisdom.
- It's our intention trying to re-explore and re-evaluate the importance of this great Zeitgeist era and it's immense resources.
- With the help of psychedelics and accompanying insights the hippie generation of the Sixties re-opened the 'collective heart chakra' as a main starting point for reflecting, understanding and reacting towards the cooling out world of those days. The wisdom of the heart became a main sense organ, mirror and 'answering machine', trying to replace a materialistic and inhuman world of mere intellect, cold-heartedness, power games, reason and convention.
- It's a natural law that living from the heart enforces 'automatically' values and energies which stand for tolerance, peace, freedom of individuality, beauty and spirituality. Values, which were surpressed by empty moral restrictions, aggressions and narrow-mindedness of petty bourgeoisie. With a blocked heart like this and without the refreshing help of Albert Hofmann and the psychedelic movement we would still live in a very sad world today. The Hippies, who created so many alternatives for our society and still have so much to offer were often smiled at and were seen as just tolerated exotic outsiders. But vice versa it was society which was 'outside', 'exotic' and had lost it's roots.
- It's wiser not to expect that politics or Wall Street would bring us any enlightenment, happiness and harmony (-even though many believe this, being continously frustrated). Instead we should use our mind and reason to understand that this is a very private task. A better world needs better people, encreasing wisdom and spiritual goals for orientation. There are many ways and methods, false or irritating ones, good ones, long ones or shortcuts. Like many hippies of those days we found out that a wise handling of astrology in combination with the treasury of deep insights coming from the Buddhist and Asian site, keeping up with the modern times has a good chance to transform our world (- inner and outer) into a very precious and enjoyable place.
- We think it's really worth looking back at what the psychedelic culture once started and use some of it's spirit, wisdom and intelligence as a friendly reminder and eye-opener. In this we would love to inspire others to understand, re-experience and continue what the Sixties have started: the discovery of the magick, the wisdom and the powers of the flowers - and sharing all this in the spirit of a natural and spontaneous way of loving but unconditional kindness (-the best what Venus and Libra can offer). We believe that at the end there is no way around all this!
- With Neptune and Uranus surfing through Aquarius we have the feeling that the timing is good now and the WWW is a great place to help and inform each other, exchanging insights or even to start a cyberspacy hippie-renaissance and creating new forms of www-Bodhisattvas, with the net as their multimedia platform.
- It's all an illusion anyhow, -but maybe a helpful one.-
- Tzag Tselo Manjushri!
updated June 2000