Tulsk Abbey

Across the road from the new interpretative centre stand the ruins of a Dominican Abbey founded in 1448 on land granted by Felim o'Conor.  Its walls are indeed still standing and the pointed arches resting upon a round pillar, still remain in perfect preservation.  The pillar is built of stones laid in sculptured regular courses.  The capital is octagonal with rounded plain mouldings projecting considerably.  The east window of the church is also pleasing to the eye.


NEXT